Company Overview: DELI LITES Solar PV Project, Newry
DELI LITES is a gourmet café based in Newry, Warrenpoint and Dundalk as well as servicing Costa Coffee and Applegreen Service Stations, making a positive impact on the health and wellbeing throughout the island of Ireland.
With a vision to bring the best Irish sandwich to the world market, DELI LITES has expanded its reach, employing approximately 300 individuals and exporting products globally since its establishment in 1994. The company’s dedication to responsible practices led to the implementation of a solar photovoltaic (PV) project, aiming to reduce carbon emissions, achieve energy efficiency, and contribute to a cleaner and greener future.
‘Be Responsible’ is one of the key Brand Pillars at DELI LITES, so we’re proud to have played our part in helping them achieve this.
From farm to kitchen, DELI LITES are aware of the impact they make on the environment, which is why they have adopted sustainable practices, with the aim to be net carbon neutral by 2025 and have pledged to send zero waste to landfill by 2022. One of the steps in this journey was the installation of Solar Panels to avoid the burning of fossil fuels and reduce CO2 emissions.
The DELI LITES Solar PV Project, in collaboration with MarVal Power, exemplifies the commitment of both partners to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
MarVal Power installed a 40kWp rooftop solar system, generating approximately 35,000kWH by converting solar energy into electricity through the photovoltaic panels.
Our installation was aligned with a existing solar panels installed in 2013, which means a further 44,000 kWh of energy can be saved every year.
The DELI LITES Solar PV Project is producing impressive environmental benefits.
- By generating 35,000 kWh of clean energy each year, DELI LITES saves approximately 7 tonnes of carbon emissions annually.
- This reduction in greenhouse gas emissions plays a crucial role in mitigating climate change and protecting the environment for future generations.
In addition to the direct energy generation from the new installation, the solar PV project aligns with an existing solar panel system installed in 2013.
- Together, they are saving an additional 44,000 kWh of energy per year.
- To put this into perspective, these energy savings are equivalent to the average annual consumption of eleven four-person households in the UK.
- By utilising solar power, DELI LITES is significantly reducing its reliance on conventional energy sources and achieving tangible energy savings.
DELI LITES has set ambitious sustainability goals to further reinforce their commitment to environmental responsibility.
- They aim to be net carbon neutral by 2025, and the solar PV project with MarVal Power represents a critical step toward achieving this goal.
- With the power of the sun, DELI LITES is demonstrating their dedication to sustainable practices and is acting as a role model for other businesses seeking to make a positive impact on the planet.
The DELI LITES Solar PV Project, in collaboration with MarVal Power, showcases the company’s unwavering dedication to sustainability and responsible business practices. By partnering with each other, environmental impact is being significantly reduced and also tangible energy savings though renewable energy sources.
The solar PV project exemplifies DELI LITES’ commitment to be a leader in the industry, having a positive influence on the health and well-being of individuals while protecting the planet. By adopting sustainable practices and striving for net carbon neutrality, DELI LITES sets an example for businesses worldwide, showing that environmental responsibility and business success have a reciprocal relationship.
Read More: Solar Projects for Industry
DGD SHREDDING SOLAR PV PROJECT
BOLAND’S SOLAR PV PROJECT
AMBER SOLAR PV PROJECT